X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upthebanner
    • Jan 2006

DV capture - sound/picture out of sync

Hi,

I'm using Nero SmartSuite to capture video from a Sony PC110 MiniDv onto my computer and then burning it onto a DVD in mpeg2 format. When the mpeg is viewed on the computer the sound and pic are in sync. It is only after burning it onto DVD that the sound and pic go out of sync.

I'm using Firewire - IBM Thinkpad T42, Windows XP, using a Lacie 800 adapter card and the T42 spec is Pentium M 1.8Gh, 1Gb of RAM, 80Gb disk with 20Gb free (drive have been de-fraged).

I seen other threads whereby people find Nero problematic - is there any other software that could work with my above config or can anybody offer any suggestions?

Many tnks in advance
    <!-- / message -->
  • tigerman8u
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2003

Are authoring the mpeg 2 with a program such as Tmpgenc dvd Author before burning or are you burning the mpeg 2 as a data file. The specs of your laptop are good IMO. Does the burnt dvd play in sync when you play it from your computer or is it when you play it from a stand alone dvd player. Check the audio/video for sync after every step and see which step is causing the problem.

Comment

• upthebanner
      • Jan 2006

Hi,

I'm burning it straight onto DVD (no authoring) as a data file using Nero - it is only on the standalone dvd player that the sound/pic is out of sync.

Comment

• tigerman8u
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2003

if you play the burnt dvd data file from your pc do you have a video/audio sync problem ? If not then I would
        1 use Gspot (free) and look at the mpeg 2 specs and make sure they are dvd compliant
        2 look at the video/audio length and see if they are the same
        does the burnt mpeg 2 have any skipping/freezing/stuttering or such that could be throwing something out of whack ?
        you could try a different make of blank media ie -r to +r or reversed.
        I would get a dvd -/+ rw for testing untill you solve the problem ( saves money on coasters)

Comment

Working...