• Feb 2006

Dolby digital audio

Okay i got my hi8 to dvd, thanks BenBryant
    Now, what do i need and how do i get Dolby digital on my future dvds
    Thanks in advance...
  • Zero G
    Next to Arch Stanton
    • Jan 2006

What is the source for your Dolby Digital? Are you backing up DVDs?
    "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• popo246
      • Feb 2006

right now i'm doing home videos from a sony trv 330 digital hi8 and am totally new to all this dvd business. so... i want to be able to have dolby on both hi8 and back ups if possible
      Thanks

Comment

• Zero G
        Next to Arch Stanton
        • Jan 2006

Well I haven't transferred anything from hi8, so I'm not sure what to tell you. What format did the audio transfer in?
        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Furiousg
          If you have any poo....throw it now
          • Dec 2005

Am I wrong in assuming that he wouldn't have the capability to capture DD?? I thought the best one could really do is a stereo track. Unless there is a way to encode a 5 channel output from 2!?!
          -FuriousG-

Comment

• celtic_druid
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Dec 2005

There are various methods for creating 5.1 sound from a 2 channel source. doom9's audio forum would be a good place to start for that.

No reason why you can't have 2 channel AC3 though. Cheapest, easiest way is to use ffmpegui. It handles most stuff as input and is free.

Comment

• techreactor
              Banned
              • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by celtic_druid
              There are various methods for creating 5.1 sound from a 2 channel source. doom9's audio forum would be a good place to start for that.

No reason why you can't have 2 channel AC3 though. Cheapest, easiest way is to use ffmpegui. It handles most stuff as input and is free.
              Might not turn out to be as easy as it sounds, would need mixing skills and proper HTS setup so that you can determine which sound = which channel and mix.

Comment

• Zero G
                Next to Arch Stanton
                • Jan 2006

What is the standard audio on hi8? Isn't similar to vhs Hi Fi? If so, then it's only an analog source.

Comment

• karenc
                  • Feb 2006

help! when i burn my video works but i have no sound.

Comment

Working...