X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danohio
    • Nov 2005

Quality issues with my Mini DV camcorder

Hello, I come here often for advice.
    Anyways, I have a brand new JVC GR-D250 Mini DV camcorder. I use JVC tapes also. I also use just a regular (nothing fancy) firewire. I record all of my sons basketball games with them so far. Less than 10 hours on the camera.
    Now, I use Movie Edit Pro 10 to capture and burn. I burn with the settings at their highest setting (was told to do this). I am still having kinda bad playback when I play the DVD. Its kinda shaky in some areas and skips sometimes. There were zero dropped frames. I have tried Nero and still had the same problem.
    I even went out and bought a brand new hard drive just to use to capture the video from the camcorder. I am planning on cleaning the heads (even though they do not require it yet) before I shoot the game on Saturday.
    Can anybody give me some advice? Are there any setting on my camcorder that I am not aware of? I am shooting footage in "Auto" and the lighting in the gym is ok...not the best. I am just very frustrated that I paid $300 for this and it is not as good as I have seen some before.
    Any tips? Thanks!
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

If you still have the file in your PC, please check it for shakiness or skips in comparison with the DVD. That way, you can see if the problem with DVD media that has caused those conditions

Regards

Comment

• Danohio
      • Nov 2005

The quality is the same on my PC as when I burn it. Even when I view the video after I capture it, it is still the same.

I just cleaned the heads, will give a run in a few hours.

Could it be firewire related?
      Last edited by Danohio; 11 Feb 2006, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

In this case, please use a free capture program called WinDV which captures the movie from your camcorder to the PC. After that, use the TMPGEnc Plus to encode your file into DVD compatible format, and finally author DVD with TMPGEnc DVD Author and create chapters and menu too. Although TMPGEnc Plus and DVD Author are not free but they do come with 30-day free trial. Please try them and let us know the result.

Small Windows utility for DV FireWire digital video input/output.

We create the best video software encoder, DVD/Blu-ray/AVCHD authoring software, and MPEG lossless editing software.

Regards

Comment

Working...