Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • viper91180
    • Feb 2006

dvd problems HELP!!!

Hey guys, the problem im haveing is after i burned the movie its rolling on my tv, ive treid other dvd players, same thing, but it will work in my computer. ii downloaded the movie it was in dvd format, with all the vob and ifo files in one folder (the movie name) used open files in shink and nero and both same results, anyone help me please!! thanks
  • moonrocks
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jul 2005

Most likely your sending a PAL video to a TV that is expecting an NTSC video. Open one of the .vob files in Virtualdubmod then File, File Information. If the fps is 25 and the frame size is 720x576 then you have a PAL video. If the fps is 29.970 and frame size 720x480 then it's NTSC.

Virtualdubmod:
    VirtualDubMod is based on VirtualDub by Avery Lee. Born as a unification of several modifications, new features have been added including support…

Your PC doesn't care about PAL/NTSC so that's why it plays OK there. Best thing is to get a DVD player that will play both PAL and NTSC.

You can convert the video to NTSC. Generally that's more trouble than it's worth. Lots of times it will come out OK but sometimes the conversion introduces problems, audio sync for example. Here's a very good guide if you want to convert:

PAL to NTSC with TMPGEnc Plus and DGPulldown <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> There are many different ways and tools to convert DVD from PAL to NTSC. The fastest method is to patch the PAL DVDs with IfoEdit so no need PAL to NTSC conversion. Unfortunately not all standalone DVD players can read these
    Last edited by moonrocks; 16 Feb 2006, 11:54 AM.

"Det blåser også her." - Erik den røde

Comment

• viper91180
      • Feb 2006

thanks man, i checked it out and its pal thanks for the help ill check the conversion program out and ill post in the appropriate forum if i need more help.

Comment

Working...