X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ilovebelte
    • Feb 2006

need you advice guys!

hello every one i'm new in this forum, an i'm writing from italy

i have a problem with my stored video (divx) that i can'i get out of, so i'm asking to you.here is my problem:
    i had always watched all my divx but a month ago they all became not available becouse of a visualization desease: while the audio flux is perfect, the video one is all mixed up in small slices that seemto be a coloured woolen coat, i see images changing regulerly but all broken up.
    And this happens with all the software for watching videos! VLC, WMP and others I tried.
    And on another computer the films are all working!
    there are also two corious things I noticed:
    1)my mpeg about guitar players are all working, but the videoclip are not
    2)when i tried to print the screen with the apprpriate key I noticed that all was like it was on the screen wuen I pressed the "print screen" key but the video, that seemed to be wholly dark, while it eas not. so I can't post anyone the look of my strange problem.

I just remember that in that days I had to install a player for wmv files and then removed it, but I think didn't do anything else.

has a little devil antered my pc??

hoping to have replies i say hello and thanx to whom have taken the time to read my terrible english-writing (just becouse you don't knowhow is it terrible when I speack)

hello!
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

the issue is not limited to digital video, looks like your graphics card is dying. but try a system restore to an earlier date where you know it was working. (assuming you have win xp)
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

not really sure what exactly your problem looks like but it is not similar to this, or is it?

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

@uncas: ffdshow doesn't have a part in VLC-- the fact it uses its own codecs makes for an excellent 'diagnosis' tool

when i tried to print the screen with the apprpriate key I noticed that all was like it was on the screen wuen I pressed the "print screen" key but the video, that seemed to be wholly dark, while it eas not. so I can't post anyone the look of my strange problem.
        just re-read this-- i thought it meant the entire screen becomes garbled as well. may be a software issue yet
        Last edited by anonymez; 23 Feb 2006, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• celtic_druid
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

ffdshow and VLC do share a lot of common libs for decoding though. Both use libavcodec, libdts, libmad, etc.

Comment

• ilovebelte
            • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by anonymez

the issue is not limited to digital video, looks like your graphics card is dying. but try a system restore to an earlier date where you know it was working. (assuming you have win xp)

amazing idea! (wander why didn't I think before disturbing you) thank you so much!

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

glad it wasn't a hardware problem

Comment

Working...