Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melloimolayello
    • Apr 2002

Ahead Nero problems

It's probably a simple answer but I'm just starting this avi-VCD recording. I have a 733Mb avi file I want to burn to cd and change it to VCD format. I tried to do it on Nero but it's saying the file is too large. Does recording in VCD to a cd not use the total 800mbs? The guage at the bottom is past the yellow and into the red. So I guess the problem is not enough space...is there any other way that I can record this on to one cd? The original user that I downloaded it from on Kazaa has it named as CD1, so I assume he's fit it on to one cd.
    TIA
    Mello
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

VCDs are similar to audio CDs - they are based on time rather than filesize. You can fit a compliant VCD of up to 80 minutes on a 700Meg/80 minute CD-R. It sounds like you are trying to burn your VCD to a 99 minute CD, which may not be recognized as such by NERO (NERO may only see it as an 80 minute CD)...

Comment

• melloimolayello
      • Apr 2002

Actually it's a 80min cd...Guess that's the prob, the file is 91.58 mins, would

you suggest using Virtualdub in splitting up the file? In the end, it would probably be on 3 cds...

Got another video to record onto the cd ...but it's not playing on the DVD/VCD player.
      Would the frame rate have to do w/ it not being able to play on my DVD/VCD player? The frame rate is 29.97 Hz
      Last edited by melloimolayello; 18 Apr 2002, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...