Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GALE
    • Dec 2003

SVCD TO DVD Disc

I have a svcd mpg2 file that is too large for a CD. Is there a way to write it to a dvd disc as a svcd. Tried authoring it to a dvd format and it had a lot of interferece. Thanks.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

Tried authoring it to a dvd format and it had a lot of interferece.
    can u explain what you mean here?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Probably meant that when he tried to convert, the resultant video was of a poor quality(as expected) and had some artifacts.
      @GALE,u can burn ur SVCD compliant file as Data DVD but I am not sure it will play OK in standalone players.It will however play in ur computer.
      LT can advise better.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

yeah you can burn as data, but also if the mpg is poor quality to start with, poor output is expected. if not compliant, i'd encode it first, then author with TDA.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

I haven't had a chance to try SVCD yet. IMHO, using the guide from the link below, you should be able to burn the SVCD to DVD without the need to encoder or convert to DVD compatible format so that you don't have to worry about degrading the video quality:

Regards

Comment

• GALE
            • Dec 2003

The mpg file plays fine. When I author it to a DVD format and try to play same it breaks up towards the end. Tried converting the mpg file to a SVCD format and then writing to a DVD but the programs I have will not let me. Will try IsoBuster. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...