X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvdshrink man
    • Jan 2006

i need some help watchin a movie!

<SUP></SUP>C00D1199: Cannot play the file

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for one of the following reasons:
    • The file type is not supported by the Player. For a list of file types (formats) that are supported by Windows Media Player, see Supported file types.
    • The file type is supported by the Player, but the file was compressed by using a codec that is not supported by the Player.
    • The file type is supported, but you are trying to play it in a way that is not supported by the Player. For example, you might have tried to drag a DVD file with a .vob extension from a DVD to the Windows Media Player icon. Or you might have tried to open a .vob file by clicking Open on the File menu.
    • You are trying to play one part of a multipart file. Use a newsreader or other program to combine the files, and then try again.
    Error ID = 0xC00D1199, Condition ID = 0x00000000
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

More info on the file would be helpful here. If it is AVI, load it into GSpot and see if you have the necessary codec. Media Player Classic might work better than Windows Media Player, and VideoLan Player is quite flexible. About the latter, it could be illegal at some point: http://www.videolan.org/eucd.html

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

it might be just a codec issue, or misconfiguration. virtualdub can also be used and a screen shot of the info under file>file information. I like MPC myself, but VLC should work too as mentioned.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...