X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stamko
    • May 2006

Audio out of sync

Hi all,

I just got a new system with a X1300 Pro. I have connected the digital lead to a Viewsonic VA1912w monitor and the analog to a Philips flat screen TV

When I extend my desktop the the Philips and play movies (divx) the sound become out of sync with the video. That usually happens after 10-15 mins. If I click on the slider the sound syncronises again and its fine for a few minutes. Then, the picture sort of pixelises (a lot a squares apear instantly) and then sound looses sync again.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much for your help!
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

when it pixcelates something went wrong when the vid was made. I've fixed such vids using tmpgenc cutting the film up to the pixcellation, cutting after/between the pixcelations and syncing sound for each segment cut out using the audio correction setting in source range. you wind up with a bunch of in-sync segments...and when you put them together you can divx 'em if size is important to you. It's a pain...but it's impossible to sync an entire film that goes out of sync by different amounts at different times...you have to break it down and deal with each segment individually.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by stamko
      Hi all,

I just got a new system with a X1300 Pro. I have connected the digital lead to a Viewsonic VA1912w monitor and the analog to a Philips flat screen TV

When I extend my desktop the the Philips and play movies (divx) the sound become out of sync with the video. That usually happens after 10-15 mins. If I click on the slider the sound syncronises again and its fine for a few minutes. Then, the picture sort of pixelises (a lot a squares apear instantly) and then sound looses sync again.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much for your help!
      what type of player is being used?
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• stamko
        • May 2006

Media Player 10

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

i figured. very pooey player actually. try media player classic or VLC player. both are free. many here use MPC (including me). see how it performs first.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
          (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tigerman8u
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2003

you can try running the avi video thru Avifix and see if that helps

Comment

Working...