• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loopyloops
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Nov 2005

How do I do this?

How do I do the following - I keep opening the cmd promt., and I must be doing something wrong - trying to get daemon tools to work...And, since I'm typing something into the cmd promt, why did I download that sptdinst file anyway? There must be something I'm supposed to do after getting to the cmd promt but before typing the command....Thanks!

Download: SPTDinst X86

Description: this is the standalone-package of the SPTD-driver. To remove the SPTD-driver, simple download it and via command-console, execute it "sptdinst_x86.exe remove" and SPTD will remove itself from your windows installation. If you want to add it, execute in command console "sptdinst_x86.exe add". SPTD is also used (besides DaemonTools) in some proprietary security, antivirus and monitoring applications which are not disclosed to wide public.

Size: 895 KB

Release Date and Time: Tuesday, January 10 2006, 00:30
  • loopyloops
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by loopyloops
    How do I do the following - I keep opening the cmd promt., and I must be doing something wrong - trying to get daemon tools to work...And, since I'm typing something into the cmd promt, why did I download that sptdinst file anyway? There must be something I'm supposed to do after getting to the cmd promt but before typing the command....Thanks!

Download: SPTDinst X86

Description: this is the standalone-package of the SPTD-driver. To remove the SPTD-driver, simple download it and via command-console, execute it "sptdinst_x86.exe remove" and SPTD will remove itself from your windows installation. If you want to add it, execute in command console "sptdinst_x86.exe add". SPTD is also used (besides DaemonTools) in some proprietary security, antivirus and monitoring applications which are not disclosed to wide public.

Size: 895 KB

Release Date and Time: Tuesday, January 10 2006, 00:30
    Though I'd love to know what I was doing wrong, I think I got it back up and running again.

There should be a patch by now for Daemon tools issues with repair installs of Windows.

Is there a viable alternative to Daemon tools?

Comment

• paglamon
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Aug 2005

Is there a viable alternative to Daemon tools?
      Alcohol 120 %.But not free.
      sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

dont know which version of daemon tools you're using but i use 3.47 for a quite some time now and never tried any of the new 4.x versions

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

alcohol 120%. excellent program :^)
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• loopyloops
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by anonymez
            alcohol 120%. excellent program :^)
            Is it better than Daemon tools? I'm using the latest version - which somehow - I got to work again - and even got it to stop (via msconfig) trying to load its spyware.

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

can't say for sure whether its better, i don't know daemon as well as alcohol. i have used both though, and prefer alcohol 120%

Comment

• loopyloops
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Nov 2005

Originally Posted by anonymez
                can't say for sure whether its better, i don't know daemon as well as alcohol. i have used both though, and prefer alcohol 120%

Sorry, one more question - does it do the same thing - can you have as many drives?

Comment

• anonymez
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2004

more than you could possibly need i would think-- looks 31 virtual drives is the limit...

Comment

Working...