Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluetosman
    • May 2006

dvd playback freezing

please help freezing when i play back dvd wether i use windvd or window media player
    my system
    1 fujitsu notebook with centrino 1.6g, 1.24g of ram, 80g hdd with 70% free
    space
    2 window xp pro with sp2 and regularly update
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Hi!

I dont know if this will fix the freezing issue, but on my system when the DVD playback would freeze, I found that setting the DVD drive to non-DMA access resolved the problem. You can check if the drive has DMA activated by going to control pannel, device manager and then click on the DVD drive in the list, then click properties and see if the DMA box is checked..and un-check it if it is. Hopefully that will help. Sometimes having the DMA active can resolve the issue too, it just depends on the system, type of drive and other things.

Another thing to check is if there is some other program trying to request the drive status on occaision, causing a short interruption of data, and would make the DVD freeze during this drive status check. It would be a matter of finding which program is pinging the drive and de-activating that function. Auto-insert or more commonly known as Auto-Play, can also cause intermittent freezing of DVD video and even cause freezing of regular data read from that drive.

Hope any of this helps.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...