Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Guess1
    • May 2006

Can you take a photo off a dvd?

Hi I'm new and could really uses some help. I have a dvd that I had made of my daughter's spring show. There is one dance that if you pause the dvd it would make a wonderful photo. I'm wonder if there is away to edit it to get a photo off of it.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Most of multimedia players come with saving image feature. For example, Media Player Classic which I use for watching DVD on PC can save the image by going to File and click Save Image. Please check your PC multimedia player's guide carefully for that function

Regards

Comment

• Guess1
      • May 2006

A million thanks

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. You are the greatest.It's a picture of her doing the best c-jump ever. Now how hard is it to edit the good parts together for a best of dvd? I one of those mom's, you know my children are the greatest.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

It's my pleasure

Regards

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

i like virtualdubmod for this job as you can easily go to each single frame and capture it

i find it way more difficult to hit a button when the movie is playing and capture the very picture/frame i actually want

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

i like virtualdub-mpeg2 for this
            "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• Guess1
              • May 2006

Thanks

thanks yall I glad I came here for help. Yall have been very helpful now off to my project.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                NOT an online superstore
                • Oct 2005

Hmmm, Anon, is VirtualDubMPEG2 better with VOB's than VDubMod is? I just use AutoGK for ripping DVDs now, but it would be nice if I could just open the VOB and save it as an AVI.
                CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                My DVD Collection

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

virtualdubmod here too
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• SMEG
                    • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by Guess1
                    Hi I'm new and could really uses some help. I have a dvd that I had made of my daughter's spring show. There is one dance that if you pause the dvd it would make a wonderful photo. I'm wonder if there is away to edit it to get a photo off of it.
                    power dvd can do this pause where yo want to and there is a little camera type pic on the control dashboard click it and you will have captured the frame thus creating a still pic

Comment

• anonymez
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2004

Originally Posted by drfsupercenter
                      Hmmm, Anon, is VirtualDubMPEG2 better with VOB's than VDubMod is? I just use AutoGK for ripping DVDs now, but it would be nice if I could just open the VOB and save it as an AVI.
                      since the latest virtualdubmod is based on virtualdub 1.5.10.1, its outdated. means virtualdub-mpeg2 (which is updated shortly after virtualdub) has better seeking, capturing, less bugs, etc.

also opens wmv/asf, but minus a few features of vdubmod (some of which are outdated, eg mvk/ogm support)

avidemux is a worthy replacement for vdub, if only the UI was a little more conveneint
                      Last edited by anonymez; 31 May 2006, 09:32 AM.
                      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...