Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jatti
    • Jun 2006

avi file

Hi. ive downloaded some movies from my dv camcorder onto the laptop and now want to put them onto a disc to play on my dvd player. Iv tried a couple of softwares that do this such as powerproducer gold and nti dvd maker but the dvd doesnt work on my dvd player and just keps on saying loading. the files are .avi files and i not sure what to do? im using dvd+rw discs. any help apreciated. thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

1) playback the file (or disc) on pc to make sure it's ok

2) your dvd player may not be compatible with that type of rw media. do you have a +/- R disc you can try?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• cupdear
      Suspended
      • Jun 2006

The burned disc might not be compatible with your DVD player. You can visit

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php to find some information on how to make the disc compatible with your DVD player. For example, you can try to use other software to make a disk compatible with stand alone DVD players. (Burn a disk with WinAVI, which plays well on your computer, and then copy it disk with DVD X Copy to get a useable DVD for home use).

Besides, check whether the region (PAL/NTSC) of your DVD disc is the same to your player’s, if not, that may be the problem. So change the region on the advanced control panel, and then do the conversion again.
      Last edited by cupdear; 15 Jun 2006, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Working...