X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wakaretta
    • Apr 2002

how do i revery divx back to non divx?

sorry guys... im a total newbie and i need help

im using windows and i have really no idea how to decode divx back into the original non-divx avi file. divx to mov, or divx to aiff would be cool too.

an alternative to this would be getting a codec that will allow me to play divx in quicktime. i believe that i have the newest version of quicktime. i tried the 3ivx thing and it didnt seem to work... i still had a white screen and couldnt really hear anything at all.

sorry again... im a bit short on time so i cant spend all my time looking all over the place to find out how to do this myself.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"how to decode divx back into the original non-divx avi file."

Load the file into VirtualDub

Set both "Video" and "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"

Under the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and click on "Uncompressed"

Under the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and click on "Uncompressed PCM"

Under the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and save with a new name...

By the way, as far as I know, "AIFF" is only an audio format...

Comment

• wakaretta
      • Apr 2002

thanks seta. yeah i sorta realized that aiff was only audio after a while.

is there anyway to play divx in quicktime on a windows platform though? itd be a lot easier that way..

if not... any tips on decompression? because im afraid my hd doesnt have quite that much space. thanks.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"is there anyway to play divx in quicktime on a windows platform though?"

No...

Comment

Working...