• Show
Clear All
  • barry_shift
    • Jun 2006

I'm new. I need help to convert files to AMV

hi...
    new to this place so pls help me out.

i got an mp4 player that only takes .AMV video files

is there a program where i can convert VOB, AVI, MPG etc files to .AMV format? please gimme a link to it if u find one for me.

and izit possible for me to rip DVD episodes & covert em to .AMV?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

i got an mp4 player
    then it will play streams in mp4. whether it plays asp/avc depends on the device. staxrip or MeGUI will do the job.

dunno what amv (anime music video?) is, but it's not a container
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• barry_shift
      • Jun 2006

Originally Posted by anonymez
      then it will play streams in mp4. whether it plays asp/avc depends on the device. staxrip or MeGUI will do the job.

dunno what amv (anime music video?) is, but it's not a container
      well its an MP3/MP4 player so yea, dont kno what .AMV stands for, but it just says it only plays videos in that format and i need to convert the files from .VOD, MPG, .AVI etc formats

so are you saying that it should b able to play .MP4 format music/videos?

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

what's the brand & model number?
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• barry_shift
          • Jun 2006

here:

it comes with this converter tool but its not tat good and i hav troble somtimes converting VOD files and thats why i need to find another one

Comment

• celtic_druid
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Dec 2005

For that, you are probably stuck with AMV, which means that you are stuck with their converter.

mp4 support really should mean that it can handle spec complaint mp4 files. Doesn't actually say mp4 though. AMV files are probably avi or some existing container with mp3 audio, MPEG-4, MJPEG, H.263 or similar video.
            Last edited by celtic_druid; 19 Jun 2006, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• peneloz
              Banned
              • Jun 2006

AMV is video format of MTV supported by MP4 players.all files in .amv and .mtv is AMV format,to convert your files in to .amv format ,i suggest you go to this website SPAM link removed it has much information ,and hopefully you will find the one you need
              Last edited by blutach; 26 Jun 2006, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Brad owen
                Banned
                • Jun 2006

it is really a comprehensive website, and i also find my favorite SPAM name removed there
                Last edited by blutach; 26 Jun 2006, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• blutach
                  Not a god of digital video
                  • Oct 2004

Brad and peneloz - banned for breaches of rules 3 and 16

Regards
                  Last edited by blutach; 26 Jun 2006, 06:36 PM.
                  Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                  [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• mp4Robert
                    • Jul 2006

Same problem, AMV Converter, did U get Help?

Hi Barry. I recently bought 3 MP4s as gifts and was very happy.

Then I got home and tried to upload RealPlayer and Windows Media Player files with NO SUCCESS.

Now i leave to visit my boys with EMPTY MP4 Players that are almost worthless.

I hope you have gotten some answers. I HOPE you can help me. Time is short,

I too am new to many areas of this wonderful world of the internet.

BUT, seems like someone wanted to give you a website and they TOOK IT OUT? How did you solve your problem?

Any and all help, advice, websites or links are appreciated.
                    Have a great day and many Fantastic Tomorrows.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Bull
                      • Jul 2006

AMV Converter/Player

Hi, I have just joined because I too just bought a MP4 player and wanted to convert various formats to AMV. I searched the web etc with no luck.
                      Then I decided to check out the CD supplied to me with the player. You would not believe it the disc contained the AMV player, converter and some MP3 convertion software. Not sure if the MP3 software works or not but the AMV software works great. I can convert all formats DVD VCD and any other format. I converted a movie to AMV and it only takes 200MB. This AMV software is awesome.
                      Before you buy a MP4 player be sure you ask if AMV converter/player is included. For those who want this player and do not have a disc, please contact me and I will try and send it to you. I know how frustrating it is when you can not find something you need. I am willing to help.

Regards

Bull

Comment

• benbryant
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Aug 2005

While googling for information about AMV format, I ran into some of the interresting sites that hopefully can help convert into AMV:

ดูหนังออนไลน์ เรื่องไหนดี ดูหนัง หนังใหม่ NetFliX มีอะไรดูบ้าง 2023 หนัง HD ดูหนัง ฟรี เว็บดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี 24 ชั่วโมง พากย์ไทย เว็บไหนดี ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรีไม่กระตุก หนังออนไลน์พากย์ไทยเต็มเรื่อง

Regards

Comment

• dymx
                          • Jul 2006

Originally Posted by Bull
                          Hi, I have just joined because I too just bought a MP4 player and wanted to convert various formats to AMV. I searched the web etc with no luck.
                          Then I decided to check out the CD supplied to me with the player. You would not believe it the disc contained the AMV player, converter and some MP3 convertion software. Not sure if the MP3 software works or not but the AMV software works great. I can convert all formats DVD VCD and any other format. I converted a movie to AMV and it only takes 200MB. This AMV software is awesome.
                          Before you buy a MP4 player be sure you ask if AMV converter/player is included. For those who want this player and do not have a disc, please contact me and I will try and send it to you. I know how frustrating it is when you can not find something you need. I am willing to help.

Regards

Bull

Hi Bull,
                          I am having problem convertim my avi. files to amv. I got my Mp4 player yesterday and it came with amv video converter 3.68 but everytime i try to convert my files and press begin it reads error. I have no idea why. Please Help. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• dymx
                            • Jul 2006

i fixed the problem by installing the K-lite codec Pack. But now my 2gb Mp4 player begins to skip when I play my songs. I plays like 10 seconds of the song then goes to another.

Comment

• solande
                              • Jul 2006

Hi Bull,

I 'm now in a similar situation you were in with the AMV player. I'll appreciate it if you could send a coply of your AMV converter to me. Is it possible to send it as an attachment to e mail to ayomoyo@yahoo.com?

Cheers.

Solande

Comment

Working...