Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SugarMagnolia
    • Jul 2006

making a home movie HELP

I am not sure if any one can help me but I have a question- I am taking all of our old home made movies and taking our the best clips and putting them into one dvd. So my question is How and what program do I do to do that? For example I would like to take a clip from here and a clip for there and blend them straight into each other then maybe 4 or 5 times thru the mixed movie let a couple photos with music in the background flash by Can someone help me?? Thanks
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Ulead Video Studio should do it.Try its free trial.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• uufta
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Dec 2005

If you are using Windows XP (sp2) you probably already have Windows Movie Maker, if not its free:

And a place to learn how to use it:

Last edited by uufta; 16 Jul 2006, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• SugarMagnolia
        • Jul 2006

Thanks all for reply- I do have windows movie maker but it seems like to many codes to enter for this to work and make it do that I want something very simply to use- I want to push a button and work instead of codes

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

I want to push a button and work instead of codes
          I hear ya brother!

I think movie maker is fairly user friendly...
          Give it a shot!

katz

Comment

• NightTran
            King of Digital Video
            King of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

the very easy one is nero vision, I use it because it is simple
            sigpic

Comment

• rsquirell
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Feb 2003

MovieMaker's ok for someone just starting out to learn about storyboard editors...but it's rather simplistic and limited...and I believe output is .wma or something proprietarially windows which has to be converted to MPEG2 to burn a DVD. I loved ULead Video Studio on my old machine...so when I got my new box I loaded it on...but my version was so old they had dropped support for the add-ons. I tried a trial of their latest version (foolishly installing it without uninstalling the old version...which I think may have caused conflicts in the registry and shared dlls.) Anyway, I had major problems with freezes, audio not working, transparencies not working, cutting and splicing, etc. When I uninstalled the trial the problems persisted in my old version ( I think my registry is totally confused), so I decided to try a trial of Pinnacle Studio which cost about the same. I went with it reluctantly...but so far I have been very pleased. It has fabulous options for sound editing (like eliminating microphone wind noise), transparencies (picture in picture) work great, sophisticated color corrections, filters for tamping down those bumpy scenes you get while walking with a handheld camera, as well as all the other Ulead features...and the output can be anything you want. Guess I sound like a commercial.

Comment

• Grincat
                • Jun 2006

I use soni my dvd for my home movie dvd and photo dvd. it cost about 60 dollars but it i easy to used. You will obtain good result as long as you follow the program instruction.

Comment

• billie
                  • Oct 2006

I also use Studio. Studio 9 is a great software. Do not get studio 10 as I have had a lot of problems with it. Have made about 20 movies and believe Studio 9 with its upgraded patches, that you can get off of their site, is the best
                  b

Comment

Working...