X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic687
    • Aug 2006

Problem Connecting Live Video Feed

hi..

ive downloaded software that i like to use to stream live video.. i have a router that splits to three different computers in my house.. on every computer, the feed worked. however, nobody i know can seem to view the feed.. im thinking it has something to do with possibly the security on my network? how would i go about granting other people access to view my feed? is that even the problem?

thanks a lot

-dave
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

Hi!

Serving video streams is the same as an audio stream server or even a web site server on your LAN. You have to set up the router so that the proper ports are open to the specific computer acting as the video server.

Example: Lets say your video server computer's IP address on the LAN side of your router is 192.168.1.1, and the video server program requires port 8000 open. You must get into your router's setups and go to the IP address of the video server computer, ie 192.168.1.1 and verify that the port range is open for that IP address, ie 8000 in our example. Most routers can be access via your web browser to set up these kinds of settings. Once you open the port range for that video server's IP address on your LAN side, it will then become available on the WAN side, or internet side.

Hope this helps.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...