Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave
    • Apr 2002

tv card question.

hello will a tv card let you play dwnloaded avis on a tv or do i still have to encode them to mpeg.
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

If you are talking about a video card with tv output then anything you can display on your computer can be displayed on tv. Such as using windows media player to play the avi and watch it on tv.

A tv card (stated like that) is a tv tuner that allows you to watch tv programs on your computer.

Mac

Comment

• dave
      • Apr 2002

thanks for the reply so if its possible to watch a avi on my tv set without encoding is it possible to hook it up to a vcr from the tv out on the card and record avis to vhs sick of encoding them .

.thanks dave. ps whats the ideal and best card for this.

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2002

If you can output it to your tv (usually either s-video or seperate video and audio outputs) you can run it into a vcr and record it. I have never tried it so I can't say how good the quality would be. Please let me know how it turns out.

I use a nviada gforce 64mb video card with tv out to watch divx movies on my 39 inch tv. Quality if quite good (of course depending on the encoded movie quality). You may want to ask around about other cards though.

Mac

Comment

• dave
          • Apr 2002

much appreciated mate thanks.dave.

Comment

Working...