X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kabuchan
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Apr 2006

I have an Epson R340. I use mostly black ink for documents, so I puchase black ink cartridges that are re-inked. The color inks are used mostly for photos so I stick with Epson. But I usually download my photos to Snapfish.com because the photos are better quality and don't fade.

I could care less what the picture on my dvd looks like, so I use a sharpie. I keep them all in an album so I don't take up too much space. (remember, we're moving from a 3500sq ft house to a 1800 sq ft house)

That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• MikeyBK
      Digital Video Maniac
      • Feb 2006

I personally prefer these over my Sharpied ones.

Attached Files
      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
      Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
      ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
      XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
      Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
      Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
      *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
      *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• jammerules
        • Apr 2006

LOL @ Mikey....I really second that,Mikey. Dont mean to be offensive on those who are for "Sharpies", but grow up dudes....I mean after doing all that copying stuff, dont you think giving a better look to your CD/DVDs really help??

Anyways guys, I have another question for those using Epson R200 printer. Does that sucker support any kind of CDs/DVDs? Or is it like there are specially designed DVDs?

Comment

• locoeng
          Who Farted?
          • Dec 2005

I prefer a professional looking reproduction personally, there are some sharpie labelled discs scattered here and there.

As for special discs, the Epson will take any CD/DVD that has a printable surface. I've got some CD's that are silver printable and make for an interesting cover for some covers, but for my DVD's I have only tried the solid white printable surfaced discs. They come in full hub printable and non-hub printable as shown in Mikey's scans above.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
          Walt Kelly

Comment

• codajohn
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Jul 2005

@MBK I like the look of those printed disc's.
            @jammerules labels s-ck and printable disc's use a lot of ink. Since I make case covers for my disc's, any more ink and I might have to get another job.
            Last edited by codajohn; 13 Aug 2006, 11:17 PM.
            CJ
            My DVD Collection
            Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• jdeh
              BoBo Bolinski
              • Oct 2005

Originally Posted by Gary D
              I am personally thinking about the epson 220 printer. The printer is cheap (about $100US) but it takes six (sic) ink cartridges between 15 and 20 bucks apiece.

The printer is designed to sell ink I think!!

But I have read that then you have to spray your discs (with a lacquer????) to make them water proof!
              go to PrintPal to get compatible ink >>I have an Epson 820 and the compatibles work fine and are only about $7 each.

Comment

• Derree
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Jul 2005

I just use a sharpie....if I want to see what the real disc looks like...well I look at the orginal disc...I print out the cover, well the spine at least, and that is good enough for me...
                sigpic

Turn down the suck...Turn up the
                good
                -------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...