CAPTURE, ENCODE, IVTC..Possible on my PC?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Solearius
    • Aug 2006

CAPTURE, ENCODE, IVTC..Possible on my PC?!

Hey DVF!

Basically I just picked up a new ATI HDTV Wonder capture card. I'm not sure if this is the greatest capture card (let me know) and basically I want to be able to cap TV shows, then encode them with XviD MPEG-4 .avi's. What is the best capturing program to use for this. I've tried VirtualDub and have had MANY problems like I get no sound, when capturing I get double layered video and it the output video tends to be VERY choppy. When capturing with ATI's software, everything seems to look pretty good. Not a crystal clear output video, but pretty decent. The only problem is, sometimes the video is interlaced, so I want to be able to de-interlace it perferably learn to Manual IVTC (as I hear this method is the best) and then encode in XviD MPEG-4 of course .avi of course.

I want to use 512x384 resolution for all my caps so will ALL of this be possible with my machine?

Here are my computer specs:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ (1.2GHz)
    256MB DDR266 RAM
    Geforce 2 MX400 64MB Graphics Card
    80GB IDE HDD (Still plenty of space left)

I just want to be able to get crystal clear quality for my rips. The problem is, my TV Tuner does NOT plug directly into a cable jack in the wall but instead it goes into multiple splitters including another television all in one room! May this also cause blurry quality? Let me know people!

Solearius
Working...