Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wgeiler
    • Aug 2006

Help! Tv Tuner Card

Will ATI Multimedia Center work with an ATI Sapphire Theater 550 Pro TV Tuner Card? PowerCinema3 doesn't allow customization like ATI Multimedia Center did with an ATI 9800 Pro All In Wonder.

If not is there some similar application?
  • garethj
    • Aug 2006

use GB-PVR...

My old computer had a 9600 ATI allinwonder and I got used to the pvr on it. When I got my new computer I got an Nvidia card and an ATI tvwonder elete tv card. *hated* the new software. I use GB-PVR - and while it is not perfect - it is years ahead of the crap they ship with the tv card.

I like the fact that it will automatically update the tv listings - but hate that it doesn't categorize them. I love that it will automatically run conversions to alternate video codecs, but hate that I haven't been able to get it to play MP4 video's

I love that I can use the remote and program the skip forward/backward buttons to whatever I like (forward 45 seconds - back 15) but hate that the plugin for the ATI stuff tends to crash.

The best part is that the program is free..

Comment

• wgeiler
      • Aug 2006

TV Tuner Card

They should warn you that although the hardware is newer the software is garbage which renders it obsolete before consumers waste their money on it. We tried that software you mentioned earlier but it does not work. Installs fine but it keeps saying select source. No matter which source you select it keeps saying select source so had to uninstall it. Does not look like there is any software remotely similar to multimedia center.

We won't be buying any more ATI products without serious research into what garbage software it ships with. Buyer beware.....you're about to buy obsolete software.

Comment

Working...