Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keijo
    • May 2002

bad audio quality with divx

I've got a problem with audio while playing divx movies that have 48 kHz.
    The audio sounds like I'd have 22kHz sound output when I play those files. But I've found out that if I play an .mp3 in winamp while the movie is playing background I get the sound quality for movies that I should have. I still don't understand why this happens and what I could do about it. I use DivX 5.0 for playing divx files and my sound card is SB AWE 64 Value. Could it be that my sound card simply can't produce 48kHz sound? Can this be fixed with some codec?
    Last edited by keijo; 2 May 2002, 04:10 PM.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i'm not sure about your sb but to give it a try, why dont you simply demux the audio from your file, then downsample it to 44.1khz and mux the sound-stream back into your avi?

for demuxing: open file in virtualdub or better nandub (the latter can handle more audio formats) now make sure you set AUDIO to direct stream, next: => file => save wav (which will save your audio stream in the very format that it was inside the avi, dont get confused due to *.wav)

now donwsample with any audio-editor of your choice

muxing sound back into the avi agian is just as simple as demuxing:
    open avi again, set VIDEO to direct stream, same for AUDIO BUT select your new mp3 in AUDIO

=> file => save avi as

thats all

Comment

• keijo
      • May 2002

Downsampling to 44.1 kHz helps but it takes a while to make the new avi. Is there any software or something that would downsample it in real time or something? I checked from www.soundblaster.com that only Soundblaster Live or newer support 48 kHz samples so I bet quite many have older soundcards than those and perhaps there is some software for this.

Comment

Working...