X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RichG
    • Jan 2006

Want to rip audio from MPeg movie

Hey Guys,
    I am trying to rip just the audio from a mpeg dvd. I use dvd shrink to get a .vob file. I then load that into DGIndex and save it using demux all tracks. I end up with a dv2 video file and .mpa audio file.
    The problem is I cant burn a .mpa audio file in my cd creator ... it doesnt recognize that file type. I want to end up with an .mp3 or a .wav file
    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Rich
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

open the vob file in virtualdubmod. go to streams>stream list>demux. convert the resulting audio stream with belight or similar

another way is DVD audio Extractor. trialware, but will convert right to mp3
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• RichG
      • Jan 2006

Thanks Columbo,
      I tried your first suggestion by opening the .vob in VirtualDubMod and I ended up with an .avi. I can easily separate the audio and video in Premiere Pro.
      Thanks again

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

not sure how you got an avi
        glad you got what you needed though

"One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...