Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hittin1
    • Aug 2006

What would be required to run a 6 monitor setup on my duel-core MCPC

If Someone would please help me or steer me in the right direction on how to set up a 6 monitor configuration. I am currently running a duel monitor setup .( I know.... easy) My computer is a gateway gt5032 amd athlon x2, 1.5 gig ram ,xp media center 2005 . My current graphics card will not do the trick. It is an ATI x300 pci-e. If i nrrd to put more info....please let me know. thx
  • celtic_druid
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Dec 2005

I guess a quad SLi board with three/four video cards would let you do it (upto 8 monitors actually). Not sure if ATI have a quad crossfire out yet. Standard crossfire would give you 4 outputs, then any dual head PCI would do. Matrox used to do a PCI quad head G200, one of those and your x300 would do it. Not sure if Matrox have anything new out since the G200 would lack DVI outputs. I know their Parhelia was triple head.

Comment

• RFBurns
      To Infinity And Byond
      • May 2006

Hi!

You are the second person to ask about a 6 monitor setup. There are several ways to do it depending on if the 6 monitors see the same signal or need a seperate signal with different content from the same source.

There is a thread http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=70174 discussing the 6 monitor setup.

Last edited by RFBurns; 30 Aug 2006, 01:45 AM.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• hittin1
        • Aug 2006

thanks for the info. BUT....

To simplify a bit..what about a four monitor setup. My Graphics card has 3 outputs, but i believe only 2 are usableat once, unless thatisall that windows can handle at one time. I also have my intagrated vga output My Pci-e card had a program onits install disk called powerstrip which is a utility thay can manage up to 12 monitors(?), i think.. http://entechtaiwan.net/util/ps.shtm and yes i would want each monitor to operate on its own process as to be able to move cursor and opened windows.ect... anywhere i wanted.also doing a lot of research on this subject. If any1 is interested.... If You got the $$ this link is helpful but wayyyyy outta my price range..... at this time. but this is the type of setp i would love to screw up! lol

WOW!!!!! ANY SUGESTIONS ON THE HOPEFULLY EASIER 4 MONITER OR EVEN A 3 MONITOR SETUP? THX AGAIN!

Comment

Working...