Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aerocoyote
    • Sep 2006

Good conversion programs?

I'm new and I'm sure this must have been asked before, but I guess the keywords I use to search for this topic aren't right, because I can't find a thread that answers this question.

I want to convert file formats and split files. I have "Total Video Converter 2.6", but I have had loads of problems with it. My converted mpg files either have no sound when I play them in a standard player like Real or Windows Media, or the soundtrack is totally out of synch. When I play the source file in the program, it frequently gets confused about the sound and video tracks and it gets out of synch, making it very difficult to select the right frame. Even when the sound/video is in synch, this program sometimes fails to select the right frame when I give it a start point and end point. Sometimes it won't save the file where I tell it too. I want to buy another program, but I don't want to buy another lemon. Can someone recommend a good program (at a moderate price)? I want to convert DVDs to mpg and wmv/avi to mpg. I also want to be able to convert select frames to animated gif. A program that did that as well would be ideal.

Thank you for your time!
  • aerocoyote
    • Sep 2006

Oh, I forgot... I also need it to convert flv programs. Thanks!

Comment

Working...