is there a program that can burn dvd's from mpegs?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coodbe
    • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by DVDFan1969
    If you can help me find a cool free VOB to MPEG or even AVI tool,that'd be great.
    Sorry for hijacking the thread. Here is a link to DVD authoring programs. Many of them are free:

Download free video and audio software. Old versions, user reviews, version history, screenshots.

Out of the group this one caught my eye:

Last edited by coodbe; 13 Sep 2006, 12:23 PM.

Comment

• DVDFan1969
      • Nov 2005

sorry

I tried that program but it was too confusing. i didn't know how to set it or anything. i found a PAL to NTSC/NTSC to PAL convertor and again it was just as confusing. This stinks. I guess i'm not very good with this conversion stuff.

Comment

• coodbe
        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by DVDFan1969
        I tried that program but it was too confusing. i didn't know how to set it or anything. i found a PAL to NTSC/NTSC to PAL convertor and again it was just as confusing. This stinks. I guess i'm not very good with this conversion stuff.
        That is the problem with freeware. They are confusing to the beginner. I had to start out with the simplest of pay programs just to make a DVD backup. From there I gradually learned how to use the free ones. Here is another link:

Avi2Dvd is a all in one tool that converts avi/mkv/ogm with few clicks in a vcd/svcd/dvd. Avi2dvd uses only freeware tools and can handle varius freeware enconders (QuEnc/FreeEnc/NuEnc) or CCE.

I will keep looking around. Check back on this thread for the next few days. I will try to find something for you. I have been where you are and appreciate the dilemma. I frequent a few forums and something bound to jog my memory or look easy.

Comment

• DVDFan1969
          • Nov 2005

thanks dude. i don't want to use a lot of hard drive space and i got my hard drive up to 59 gig just a while ago. getting these movies on dvd will make it go even higher as i can delete them. again thanks so much. you da man.

Comment

• coodbe
            • Aug 2005

Here is a long thread about authoring:

Comment

• Yankeebean
              • Sep 2006

try Intervideo WinDVD Creator 2 - Full Functional trial

Comment

• DVDFan1969
                • Nov 2005

ok

well i tried the forum thing and didn't get much help there and the 2nd link from intervideo,i want it to be free. i can't afford stuff like that. i guess i'm just gonna have to settle for either .vcd or an data cd because nothing is working

well i give up. thanks anyway. if you can still find something,let me know but nothing works that i have found
                Last edited by DVDFan1969; 18 Sep 2006, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...