Windows Movie Maker to computer but EDIUS Professional dot recognize file to edit it

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • murch
    murch
    • Sep 2006

Windows Movie Maker to computer but EDIUS Professional dot recognize file to edit it

Hello.

My problem is: I capture video from camere to computer with program windows movie maker. I want to edit my video with program edius profesional. Program edius dont recognize the file. When I want to open it i can see it but when it need to be open it is writen that it is failed to open file.
    My friend told me that i have to change format of file(video). I change it to DV-AVI (pal) on his computer and than his and my coputer recognize it allso in program edius.
    But when i do it at home, when i here change format to DV_AVi completely the same like at his home, then my edius do not recognize it, same lake beafor i change format.
    What i sould do, what it is wrong, allso my edius is placed to DV-Avi so it suld work, right.

Pleas help me becouse i canot capture all tapes to computer again becouse it is 15 hours of them.

thanks Murch
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

sounds like you're missing a DV codec, download & install Cedocida http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...a_DV_Codec.htm
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• murch
      murch
      • Sep 2006

it is not that

Thanks, but it looks like that is not the problem- codeks. Iry it and it is the same.

One more think when we first first put video on my friend computer with movie maker and change formate on my friend computer and than movie brig here was working also here. But if i do all of it here it doesn't work so it has to be somethink with setings or what. I hawe no idea, plis halp me.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

just googled edius; it's a fairly sophisticated editing app (at over $1000 US), if it can't recognize your files i'd take a guess and say you need to capture them again.

except use winDV or dv capture live instead of movie maker
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...