Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Warp9Racing
    • Apr 2002

Improper VBR Audio Encoding

Im using Virtual dub to split Movies over 700mb so i can burn them. Some movies will split, but due to improper VBR encoding the audio will be skewed from the video making the audio be either too early or late with the actual video. How can i fix it?
    thanks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Converting .AVIs with VBR-MP3 Audio

Simply use VirtualDub to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
    Load your original .AVI into VirtualDub
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"
    Then set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file).

Then close VirtualDub and restart it
    Set "Audio" to "No audio"
    Load your silent .AVI
    Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"
    Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV
    Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"
    From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
    From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" and save your file with a new filename.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

try nandub for splitting

Comment

• Warp9Racing
        • Apr 2002

Splitting

Yeah but after i do all those steps and finally compress the wav file. When i go to split it into to parts the first part is sync with the video but on the second part the audio is off?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

1) You shouldn't be splitting the .WAV file separately from the video file (and then merging). You should merge the ENTIRE .WAV file with the ENTIRE Silent .AVI - and then do your splitting.

2) Versions 1.4.6 - 1.4.8 of VirtualDub were buggy regarding file splitting. Which version are you using?

Comment

• Warp9Racing
            • Apr 2002

version 1.4.10 i think

Comment

• Warp9Racing
              • Apr 2002

I am taking the silent avi and combining audio that was extracted. When i combine its 1.51 gigs. Am i recompressing the audio wrong. Im putting the compress audio setting on divx. Video is direct stream. Audio is full processing mode.

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

You've apparently NOT selected an MP3 compression setting - it's 1.51Gigs because it includes an uncompressed .WAV audiostream...

Comment

Working...