Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordpuffer
    • Oct 2006

General Question About a DVD Player

Hi....My Mom has a small mini-stereo that is about 13 years old. It has a built-in CD player, a cassette player, and an AM/FM Tuner. The CD player portion of the unit went bad. Instead of buying a new stereo, since hers sounds so good, I am looking for a small inexpensive DVD player that I can hook up to the Aux-in on the back of her stereo so that she can play CD's through the DVD player. It has to be a very small unit, since she doesn't have much room to put it in and it must play CD's and CD+/- writeables. It must also have an analog audio left/right out. It would be great if it were black, for that would match her stereo. I've been looking in stores and online but cannot find one. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

hello and welcome to the forum

All dvd players will play audio cds, at least I have never ever seen one that didnt.
    There are thousands of different players out there in black. I am not sure what it is your looking for that you cant find one.

All players would be able to hook up to a reciever and most of them are small now a days.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• lordpuffer
      • Oct 2006

Thanks.....When I say small, I mean about the width of a DVD. I did see one in a Target store, but it was a brand that I never heard of.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Ok that I have never seen. I didnt know they made a dvd player that small.

I know you said there isnt much space but I would think that a normal small one would work for you.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• uufta
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by lordpuffer
          Thanks.....When I say small, I mean about the width of a DVD. I did see one in a Target store, but it was a brand that I never heard of.
          Do you remember what brand that was? that would give us a good starting point to see what you were talking about. Best buy has a couple of very small players "Cyberhome" for about $25 and this one:
          Shop online at Best Buy in your country and language of choice. Best Buy provides online shopping in a number of countries and languages.

(they are about 8"x 8" x 2" tall, we have two Cyberhomes at the cabin that work great)
          Last edited by uufta; 9 Oct 2006, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• TNT
            DVD Shrinker
            • Jan 2004

I have a Cyberhome 300 for over a year now and it's been great so far. You should be able to get it for about $30. It's not black, but it fit's all other criteria you mentioned. I think Polaroid also makes a cheapie.
            Beauty is in the eye of the Beer-Holder.
            I'm in shape. ROUND is a shape. - George Carlin

How to choose an HDTV, Step by Step

Comment

Working...