Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philly_B
    • Oct 2006

Please Help Me Make A DVD :)

What's up guys? Love the site, has been very helpful for all my DVD needs. I make back ups everyday now thatks to all of you out there, but I have a question and I need help. Long story short, my good friends are in a local band and I've recently helped them make a few music videos, they play their own music so nothing illegal is goin' down. They sent the final versions to me via e-mail and I saved them to my comp. They are simple windows media video format but I want to put them on a dvd. I've tried to open them in DVD Shrink and DVD dycrypter with no luck. I even tried to do it in nero and that didn't work on a blank DVD. What can I do to put them on DVD? Any tips will help. Thanks.

Philly
  • jamoskeag3
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Nov 2005

Whats format of what they send you.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

try TMPGEnc or mediacoder
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Ajarnpat
        • Oct 2006

making a dvd

I usually use Arcsoft showbiz - you can get a free (full) trial.
        Very simple to use and can mix stills with movie.
        However, I recently had same problem as you - I could not burn a wma/v to disk. Tried all sorts of things.
        Then I got some advice (from "Soup") that Nero 6 can be problematic.
        So I tried opening NeroVisionExpress (part of Nero6) - through allprograms/start menu rather than using Nero SmartStart.
        Bingo!
        (And all this time I've been having problems backing up DVDs has been for same reason).
        Hope this helps.
        Pat

Comment

• lfcrule1972
          Liverpool 'til I die......
          • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
          try TMPGEnc or mediacoder
          "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• Philly_B
            • Oct 2006

Thanks guys, and sorry, the files are MPEGs. Mediacoder will open them but I don't really know what to do in that program. Does anyone have a guide, or some help. The Mediacoder forum isn't helpin' that much either. I have an older version of nero and when I tried yesterday, it seemed like nero was going to do the job. I put in all the files after selecting "Create a Video CD," and it said that the burn was sucessful but I was using a blank DVD, not a CD. I put it in my DVD player and nothin happened. It said "no disk." What else can I do?

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Google mediacoder guide, lots of hits.

Comment

Working...