Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

If You Use SSC Service Utility To Control Your Epson Printer Ver 4.20 is out

Version 4.20 adds more Epson printers and minor bux fixes. Great little utility for better control of your Epson printers for counters, resetting chip sets, and ink tanks.

• katzdvd
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Feb 2006

Hi ed,

Thanks for the info. However, that link takes you to a site that is not in english;

Here is the english link! http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

Very cool & useful utility!

katz

Comment

• jack19
      • Oct 2006

hey your info is effective for me thanks....

Comment

• ed klein
        Banned
        • Mar 2004

@katzdvd

At the website home page, on the left side of the screen in blue, is an executible, "English Version" just click on it and the English version will come up.

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

eddie,

I am using this utility with my r220, but it seems not to be "working"? For example, I have tried the "Ink freezer" settings;
          Store counters values - This item will store all information about current state of ink counters. Note - this information is independently stored for each printer. So, it is possible to store counters for different installed printers without data loss.

It is advisable to use this function right before start of each big printer job. After this You can minimize utility to system tray and begin printing.

Restore values back - Restore all stored values back to printer, so printer won't notice any ink consumption occurred during printing jobs. This function is also printer specific, so, You can't restore data from the different printer installed in Your system.

It is advisable to use this function after each completed print job.

In conjunction, Store counters values and Restore values back can be described as ink freezer, because they don't reset anything, but allow You to maintain almost constant ink level. Using this functions imply what You must check print result by Your own eyes, and replace ink cartridges as soon as You will see any white band caused by ink out.

Since version 3.0 this utility have build in automatic ink level freezer and switchable independent ink monitor.

Automatic freezer - This option allow You to turn on/off build in automatic ink counters freezer. Utility will remember this setting, and together with enabled startup, this will allow You to perform fully automatic operation mode.

Automatic freezer will restore internal counters value back with small interval of time. If utility is started with Windows startup, automatic freezer will also store internal counters value as soon as printer is turned on. In case of manual startup, internal counters also will be stored in case of enabled automatic freezer.
          But, even after I do that, the epson print monitor continues to monitor the carts, & forces me to replace the ink cart before it is empty. I haven't had a a chance to get the continous ink system yet, so I am trying to maximize the use from each cart for now.

When the printer refuses to print because of an "empty" cart, I then have to replace it. I know the cart still has ink in it, as I can hear it when I shake it. At this point, I am only getting maybe 60 discs per cart; I see alot of guys on hear that say they get upwards of 100 + discs per.

What do you think? Am I missing something? Do I need to uninstall Epson software in order for this to work properly?

Thank much!
          Regards katz

Comment

• ed klein
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

@ katzdvd

The factory Epson ink tanks with one time IC chips (non resetable) will have some ink left in the tank.

The print on a dime clear ink tanks with the resetable IC chips which reset automatically to 100% when the ink is at 10% remaining. They will also have approximately 10% of the ink remaining in the ink tank.

This is normal to keep the exit port of the ink tanks from drying out. Also, print on a dime says when you remove the ink tank, put a replacement in as SOON AS POOSIBLE to keep the ink lines from drying out.

If you are using factory Epson ink tanks use the SSC Service Utility set to automatic freeze on the ink tanks which locks in the IC chip counter to where ever it currently is set. Then you should be able to refill the ink tanks as needed.

I currently have the print on a dime clear ink tanks with the automatic resetable IC chips, so I don't have automatic freeze set on the SSC Service Utility. I fill the ink tanks when they are in the printer, and try not to remove them, buy using the SSC Service Utility enable independent monitor and the Epson Status monitor and most of the time just looking at the see-thru ink tank and fill when needed.

These are my settings:

SSC Service Utility
            enable independent monitor

Epson status monitor enabled
            for error, communication error, ink low,maintenance call

Last edited by ed klein; 21 Dec 2006, 12:49 AM.

Comment

• katzdvd
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Feb 2006

Thanks for the info, eddie!
              I currently have the print on a dime clear ink tanks with the automatic resetable IC chips
              So that means that you don't have to remove the chip from the carts & reset them in a special chip resetter, like I used to do with an earlier epson model that I had?

I currently have the print on a dime clear ink tanks
              I definantly need to get those!

Comment

• ed klein
                Banned
                • Mar 2004

@ katzdvd

These are the problems I have had in the past on IC chips and it doesn't matter if they are non-resetable or automatic resetable. And I had to learn this the hard way.

The Epson R220 wil not allow you to mix and match ink tanks. All non-resetable IC chips or all automatic resetable chips.

And each IC resetable chip is specific to a color, and specific to a family group of six colors.

So if you order from print on a dime get all six colors at the same time, each ink tank IC chip will be specific to a color, and family group.

All six colors (one family group) will have to be put in the Epson R220 for the printer to acknowledge the ink tanks.

Comment

• crothenb
                  • Nov 2008

Epspn phto stylus 1280

Trying to use SSC utility. Brand new color. Red light flashes, sys cart is empty.

The utility askes me to make sure my chip is removed. Should I do this?

Any help is gratly appreciated.

Comment

Working...