X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stanger
    • Oct 2006

What am I doing wrong?

Not sure where to place this but ......

This is my first post here, or on any video board for that matter. I recently purchased a Panasonic GS300 camcorder. As anyone would, I shot some video to learn with and used the USB connection to capture video to my PC. Needless to say, there were many dropped frames and a huge amount of horizontal lines (interlacing, right?) when there is motion on the video.

Thus, not being happy with the quality, I did some research and found that in order to get good quality video captures onto the PC, I needed a Firewire setup. Which, I purchased.

Now, using the same camera footage, there are no more dropped frames. However, the scan lines are still plentiful when there is motion on the video.

I have read numerous reviews on this camera prior to purchasing it and nobody has mentioned a problem with scan lines. Everyone says the quality is great.

Am I doing something wrong here? Am I expecting too much? Possibly a setting I am missing somewhere? What? I am at a loss.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Stanger

Setup:
    Win2kPro 2.0g Pentium
    Firewire cable and port
    Ulead VideoStudio10 (trial)
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Are u capturing using UVS 10? Try to change the field order and see what happens.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Stanger
      • Oct 2006

Actually, I am no longer using UVS 10. I was just doing a few more test runs with it, trying different settings and it started crashing. Even after I set it back to default settings. I did a few searches on it and it seems to be a prob with a great deal of users. I will try another program.

But I have the same issues mentioned in my original post using the software supplied by panasonic as well. Maybe it is the camera, but I dont know how to verify that at this early stage. I am completly new to Digital CamCorders.

Comment

Working...