Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mri81
    • Nov 2006

Convert DVD to JPG

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm trying to rip a photo slide show from a DVD to fix some pictures. I have DVD Decryptor etc. just wondering if I am able to rip the files from the DVD and use photoshop or any other photo image tool to fix some pictures?

Can you even open the ISO. files from the dvd into photoshop or do i have to conver them to jpg/bmp/gif??

Any help would be great!

Thanks
    MI
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

take snapshots like you would a regular DVD, eg. play with media player classic, file-->save image, or open with virtualdub-mpeg2, etc
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• mri81
      • Nov 2006

reply to answer

I understand what you are saying... but is that more for video? These are just digital photos on a dvd slide show. Will the same work?

I need to get into the layers of the photos b/c the original is done with layering so thats why i wanted to open the ripped files into photoshop or paintshop.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Just follow anonymez's advice to save the images as bitmaps using Media Player Classic. Open them in Photoshop and tweak them anything you like. If you want to replace the original slideshow images with the tweaked ones, you need a slideshow software, load the ripped original DVD slideshow, cut all the unwanted slides, and then replace them with the ones you tweaked with Photoshop

Regards

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

I need to get into the layers of the photos b/c the original is done with layering so thats why i wanted to open the ripped files into photoshop or paintshop.
          mpeg stills cannot contain layer data, you'll have to get your hands on the original PSD files
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...