Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yuuki
    • May 2002

Codec problem(s..)

Hi ^^; my first time posting... and unfortuneatly it's cause I'm a) confused b) in need of help

so here's the scoop.

Before I installed DivX 5.0.1 ~all~ my video files ran just fine. I then read a notice some where about it having some not so nice hidden spy features so I just "meh" and uninstalled it, and re-installed my version 4.0.1

once I did this.... the picture quality on about half of my videos kicked the bucket o_x;; the smooth edges that use to happen were replaced with jagged colour changes (pretty much went from 24 bit to 256 colours). I fought w/ codecs forever to get soemthing to work right, and finally after I had my DivX codecs wiped out, I reinstalled 3.11 and yay! everything's fine and dandy for most of the files.... But now some different files don't show video @.@;; only play audio - but once I re-install DivX 4 to play this new set of problem videos, a bunch of my files go back to the 256 colour thing and it looks horrid >.<

I've been running around in circles trying to figure out what on earth is going on ^^;;;;

Which! is why i call upon you smart people ;_; for help... help is good... and very much appreciated. if anyone has any suggestions on what I have to do to make everything look pretty - please let me know @.@

Thanks ever so much!

Yuuki
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

I would UNINSTALL divx 4.01. INSTALL divx 3.11 alpha. Only if neccesary upgrade to divx 4.01 (even then disallow it permission to play divx 3.11 alpha content). Also use WMP 6.4 or GDIVX.

Comment

Working...