Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k3n51mm
    • Nov 2006

sound normalizer for video?

Is there any software I can use to either modify audio levels in video files without having to completely re-render them, or alternatively, enforce normalization on playback?

thanks
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

There is a little box that plugs between the audio out of your player/pc and the amplifier. It will normalize the audio with two different settings, 2:1 and 10:1. The 2:1 works best and prevents "bucketing", ie the sound drops and then picks up suddenly.

If you are running 5.1, put the box on the center channel (dialog) so that voice is heard well over the other channels.

http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?...Fid=555%2D6555 is the place to find it. It is made by Scom. Better hurry....they only got 1 left!!!!

Last edited by RFBurns; 18 Nov 2006, 06:17 AM.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

certain players do normalization, eg media player classic and VLC, both of which do it internally. for any directshow based player you can normalize via the decoder, in which case you might be interested in ffdshow or ac3filter
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• k3n51mm
        • Nov 2006

Thanks again

This is too funny, I wish I had an Anonymez subscription. You absolutely nail every question I have. THANKS!

Comment

Working...