Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smudge18
    • Jun 2006

LOVEFILM downloads

Anybody know how to back up a film downloaded from LOVEFILM please? Just working out whether to join. Thanks
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

we don't support backing up rentals

their download to own looks OK, nice concept, a computer copy, a portable device copy and a single dvd(wonder of they burn it)

Comment

• smudge18
      • Jun 2006

yes it looks ok, what format is it downloaded as??

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

playable on a computer, drm managed avi's I would guess

register for the free trial download

I would rather just keep buying real dvd's myself

Comment

• Furiousg
          If you have any poo....throw it now
          • Dec 2005

I agree Chewy. The majority of movies I buy are a month old. I wait until Movie Gallery moves the rentals to the purchase shelf...pick through for a good copy and usually get 3 or 4 titles for cheaper than one new one.
          The only time I actually buy a brand new movie is if it is something that I believe warrants the cash. Usually something like Lord of the Rings, Spiderman, Xmen....any of my favorite genre titles.
          -FuriousG-

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

also folks, don't forget about pawn shops. no different that buying "previously enjoyed" movies from BB - except cheaper. i get most for 5 smackaroonies. some a tad more if they are newer titles.
            "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
            Columbo moments...
            "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
            "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
            (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

Buddy of mine hits the flea market every Sunday, bought the whole Sopranos
              Season 5 for like 20$, mint new condition. I have gotten burned off of the used rentals a time or two.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

how can you get burned? did you lose your receipt?
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

they come with a guarrantee to play, and do in most players(standalone),
                  probably take it back but I hate to fuss that the disk won't back up.

If it's an important title I just pay the big bucks at wallyworld.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

me too. that's what i did with walk the line, pirates of the carribean, the crankshaft reduction etc....
                    Columbo moments...

Comment

• cynthia
                      Super Moderatress
                      • Jan 2004

The downloads to own service gives you the film on DVD, and two download versions; one for a PC and one for a portable device. The bonus material and original packaging is not included.
                      Your DVD copy will be sent to you upon purchase of the download ‘bundle’. It will come in a LOVEFiLM brand envelope. Please allow up to 5 working days for delivery.
                      You will recieve the movie on a DVD. Must be easier to backup that one.

Comment

Working...