Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toeryn
    • Dec 2006

Upscaler

I have a TV capable of 720p, but some of my sources are 480i/p. Does anyone know any good places to purchase a separate upscaler? What do you guys recommend ?
  • youthinksoo
    • Oct 2005

Most HDTVs upscale your output for you. Your dvd player or what ever you are connecting must be connected to the component HD hookups on your tv.

Comment

• RFBurns
      To Infinity And Byond
      • May 2006

The component connections are the RGB ports. Majority of tv's and DVD players have the RGB connections. Use good component cables and not just any RCA cables.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• toomanycats
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2005

I know your supposed to use high quality cables but on my 36" Toshiba I cannot see any difference between cables (way too much time on my hands) I went back and forth but nothing noticeable. It is only a 3 foot run so that may be why. I ended up using the "good cables" because I had them. I remember people used to use monster cables for speakers but I read a test once in a Speaker Builder magazine and the difference between lamp cord and the 8$ dollar a foot stuff was nominal. I wonder what is the truth between the cables you get that look identical but cost 3 times the price because they say RGB. If you can't see the difference and your short on bucks I think, for a short run, good quality RCA's would do the job. Of course, I am probably wrong. RFBurns, whaddaya think?

Comment

Working...