I would like to know if there is any way to convert widescreen
    DVD's to fullscreen?
  • photo_angel2004
    Queen of Digital Video
    Queen of Digital Video
    • Jan 2004

Hello and welcome to the forum

This thread may help;

Talk about DVD authoring and editing, including support tools such as PgcEdit, MenuShrink...

Good luck.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• kristof74
      • Dec 2006

Thank you!!!

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Your welcome, I hope you can get it to work out.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

Hi kristof74,

Yeah, let us know how it works out for you; I didn't have any success with it, I tried several methods, & the end result was still WS.

Good Luck!
          katz

Comment

• ed klein
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

Its one of those things, pay me now for a widescreen TV or pay me later for a widescreen TV. The future is widescreen TV.

I am going to take the plunge late in 2007 when my new house is complete for a widescreen TV. My current back-up collection is approximately 65% some form of widescreen mostly 16:9 aspect ratio, and the other 35% fullscreen 4:3. That means to get a true widescreen I will probably have to re-encode the current fullscreen to widescreen if the source movie is widescreen. But I am sure I will still have some fullscreen TV's in other rooms.

Two easy tricks of the trade that I am aware of, to make the picture look close to fullscreen 4:3 is to use the first level of zoom on your remote, or change the aspect ratio of your DVD player or recorder if it has the option.

Also, TMPGEnc Plus can do a frame clip of the black top and bottom borders to look close to a fullscreen.

PgcEdit and IfoEdit software programs can also change the aspect ratio to fullscreen. And DVD Rebuilder can do just the opposite change from fullscreen to widescreen 16:9 within the options.

Last edited by ed klein; 28 Dec 2006, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Working...