Virtualdub problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ccyre
    • May 2002

Only slight slight issue remaining and this is probably more of the software I use to burn the video portion. The sound is terrific.

Let me explain.... Original avi file is a 700+ file. I split it and burned half 1. Took half one and burned it on to cd converting it to be svcd like and playable on a normal dvd player with nero and its patch. I took part 2 (the one with the audio trick we did) and did the same thing. Both of them sound great on the bedroom dvd player but after a ways in the video seems to get a bit distorted in pulses.

It's like you watch the people on the dvd's faces and it looks clear then a pulse of minor distortion then clear again. Imagine a heartbeat of distortion

Like I say I imagine it is a setting within Nero nothing in the dub cut.
    Last edited by ccyre; 23 May 2002, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

To ccyre

Since during the cutting procedure VirtualDub was set to "Direct Stream Copying" for video, I can assure you it in no way affected the quality of the video...

Comment

• ccyre
        • May 2002

Agreed. I play the file on the computer and it is beautiful. Burnt on to CD and made dvd compatable it looses quality somewhat.

Comment

• ccyre
          • May 2002

I use nero to make avi files dvd playable. Is there a better conversion burner out there?

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

To ccyre

To create a VCD:

1) Load .AVI file into TMPGEnc
            2) Set to "System Video and Audio" (lower right side)
            3) Click on "Setting" radio button
            4) Click on "System" tab, change mode to "MPEG1-VideoCD" (from default of "MPEG1")
            5) Click on "Advanced" tab, change "Video arrange method" to "Center (Custom Size"), change dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240
            6) Change "Source aspect ratio" to either "4:3 525 line (NTSC 704x480)", "4:3 525 line (NTSC)", or "16:9 525 line (NTSC)" - If you're in the PAL world choose either of the two similar PAL settings instead
            7) Under the "Video" tab, change the dimensions to 352x288 or 352x240 (Note: "Video" tab mode of "MPEG1" is okay) - for highest quality set "Motion Search Precision" to "Highest Quality". Change the "Aspect Ratio" to match, as closely as possible, the "Source Aspect Ratio" you set under the "Advanced" tab.
            8) Change "Rate Control Mode" to "Automatic VBR (CQ_VBR)
            9) Under the "Audio" tab, set to 44,100 224Kbps
            10) Press "Start"

Note that if your video runs longer than 60 minutes, you'll have to subsequently split your VCD-MPG file in two. This too can be easily and precisely accomplished using TMPGEnc. Under the "Files" dropdown menu, click on "MPEG Tools" and select the "Merge & Cut" tab. Once again, make sure to change the mode to "MPEG1-Video CD". Load your file and enter a new (.MPG) name in the "Output file" box. Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL file's name in the window, which will bring you to the cutting area. Select your desired start and end points for the first half, click on "Okay" which will bring you back to the first window and generate (in a sequence of three automated steps) the first new file. To create the second new file, repeat the steps starting with "Then doubleclick on the ORIGINAL..." (be extra patient with the second half, as the program has to do more seeking to establish the beginning of the new file).

Use a burning program, such as NERO to burn your CD-R or R/W CD as a VCD (DON'T ask NERO to format the file as a VCD, since you've already accomplished this!)

Comment

• cougar214
              • May 2002

help!!!!!

ok..im going crazy here....im new to this dvd ripping and burning..bla..bla....bla....im using easydivx to make my movies and im TRYING! to use virtualdub to fix the sync problems.ive also got nandub.niether are cooperating with me.i have no idea how to put a jpg here so im not gonna try at this point.the problem i am having is when i use virtual/nandub i get a file that is smaller than the origanal,no sound,and the frame rate speeds up.i would like someone to tell me where to get this guide for doing this.im really about to give up....AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Comment

• ccyre
                • May 2002

Hey thanks setarip.... I will try your suggestion. I need to score me a copy of that tng software though first.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

To ccyre

My pleasure ;>}

For the freeware version, go to:

Comment

• Dai
                    • Sep 2002

Setarip, what if we don't have the MP3 option?

I just tried the steps you mentioned on the first page of this thread, but when I got to the compression\MP3 part, I didn't have it as an option. I'm using VDub 1.4.10. I tried "Windows Meida Audio 1 and 2' s 128 kbps 44 and 48, and i get this message: The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. Check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format."

Can anyone help me here?

Dai

Comment

• Batman
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Jan 2002

Re: Setarip, what if we don't have the MP3 option?

Originally posted by Dai
                      I just tried the steps you mentioned on the first page of this thread, but when I got to the compression\MP3 part, I didn't have it as an option. I'm using VDub 1.4.10. I tried "Windows Meida Audio 1 and 2' s 128 kbps 44 and 48, and i get this message: The requested audio compression is not compatible with the input format. Check that the sampling rate and channel count of the input match those of the requested format."

Can anyone help me here?

Dai
                      Install the radium mp3 codec.

Comment

• Dai
                        • Sep 2002

Thank you guys, so very much. This is so much better than it was. As it is, the audio is still a couple of seconds ahead of the video, but it was, I don't know how far, something like 15 or more, in spite of many "frame rate" adjustments.

Dai.

Comment

• Batman
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2002

As suggested in the the divx-digest.com guides, have you tried to synchronize in virtualdub ("change so video and audio durations match"?

This guide explains the procedure with graphical instructions

If that fails, consider backing up the file and manually adjusting video and/or audio bitrates by utilizing "synchronizer."

Comment

• Dai
                            • Sep 2002

What I did was used the synchronize? tool under Audio, I beleive, adjusting it by 1000 ms which seemed to do the trick.

I had spent over 6 hours yesterday working on it trying other things and following the info here, got it done in under an hour.

Thanks again for your help Batman and for Setarip's.

Dai

Comment

• Batman
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Jan 2002

Your welcome

Trial and error can be a very time consuming process.

Comment

Working...