Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob_goldwater
    • Jul 2006

Capture Card Question

Hey i couldn't find a thread specifically for capture cards so i thought i would start one. I recently got a capture card, A TV-PCIRC, I installed it (the instructions manual sucks) and when I tried to watch TV using it and it searched for channels but wouldn't show anything. I’m running Windows Vista and that might have something to do with it, it keeps prompting me that I’m missing a driver for it (probably due to Vista) but it doesn’t tell me where to get it. Any suggestions would be appreciated
    Last edited by bob_goldwater; 22 Feb 2007, 05:14 PM.
  • MikeyBK
    Digital Video Maniac
    • Feb 2006

I have a different TVTuner card, but I found this for you...Have you tried to get the missing driver from here?

MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
    Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
    ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
    XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
    Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
    Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
    *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
    *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• bob_goldwater
      • Jul 2006

when i boot up my computer it tells me that the missing driver is SAA7134 driver but i'll check out that site

Comment

• MikeyBK
        Digital Video Maniac
        • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by bob_goldwater
        when i boot up my computer it tells me that the missing driver is SAA7134 driver but i'll check out that site
        I don't know if this will help you get the info or driver necessary...

ChrisTV Professional ist ein analoges Tool um ber die TV-Karte fern zu sehen. Enthaltene Features sind u.a. Deinterlacing, Aufnahme und Zoom. Beim Aufnehmen lassen sich viele Parameter wie z.B. Kompressionsraten fr Ton und Bild, verwendeter Codec, Aufl”sung oder Frame-Rate individuell einstellen.
        MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
        Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
        ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
        Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
        XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
        Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
        Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
        *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
        *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• bob_goldwater
          • Jul 2006

Thanks for your help, I found the first site you gave to be very useful, and I found the driver on that tvtime site but I’m not sure if it’s the one I need. The site that it took me (http://dl.bytesex.org/releases/video4linux/) to has several to download but I don’t know which one to get or if it even matters which on.

Another question I hooked up the card to a VCR and I was able to view the VHS on my computer however when I try to record the VHS so that I can convert it to DVD it prompts me and sais there is a macrovision protection, any suggestions to get past that. Thanks
          Last edited by bob_goldwater; 23 Feb 2007, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• kandineal
            • Apr 2007

I just bought this card and have it installed..but cant get the cables correct i guess--i have hooked up the cable tv cable to the card as catv, video to video out of dvd, audio in from dvd audio out, audio out to sound card, and then the remote cable, did i do something wrong? Someone please help this dummy get my cable tv working.......thanks alot

Comment

Working...