X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aloysius77
    • Mar 2007

Problem transferring video to a PC w/ Sony DSR-PD170

Hello.

I have just bought a second-hand Sony DSR-PD170 Mini-DV / DVCAM camera.
    This video camera runs correctly, but I do not manage to transfer the videos I make to my PC. Each time I connect the device to my computer using a firewire cable :
    1) it is not detected by Windows XP (no message appears, nothing is changed in Windows' hardware manager ;
    2) on the LCD monitor of the camera, I read a blinking "DV in" message (it would be more releavant to get a "DV out" message, but there is only one DV connector on the camera , which can be use both for input and output functions, and I could not find how to choose between these 2 functions.
    3) when I launch one of my video capture sofwares (Ulead Video Studio or Avid Xpress), it does not detect any video capture device.

Although it is the first time I have bought a professional video camera, I already have some experience in video capture w/ consumer DV cameras. So, I could make sure the trouble neither comes from the IEEE1394 port of my computer, nor from the software I use, nor from the cable (unless a special DV cable is required for theses prosumer cameras ?).
    As for the camera, I have read the user's manual very carefully, and I could not find any solution for my problem in it. To my mind, there is nothing about it.

Would there be anyone having had the same problem that could help me ?
    Anyway, I thank you cordially for having read my message.
  • Aloysius77
    • Mar 2007

Hi.

Still nobody that could guess what may be happening ?

Thanks.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

since you said there is only "dv IN" have you looked through all the menu opions and have you set your cam to playback mode?

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

have you set your cam to playback mode?
        The MOST important part.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Aloysius77
          • Mar 2007

Hello.

Yet, I have set the camera to Playback mode, and looked through all menu options and settings (and read all the instruction manual) without finding the solution.

Comment

• eskadra
            • Mar 2007

[QUOTE=Aloysius77;512039]Hello.

I have just bought a second-hand Sony DSR-PD170 Mini-DV / DVCAM camera.

Hey, I have the same problem, but on MAcBook Pro - Mac don't see the camera - what to do ? It is not my first time with camera and Final Cut PRo, but i dont now how to connect the camera ?

any solutions ?

all the best - eskadra

Comment

• Aloysius77
              • Mar 2007

Hi,

Finally I had to send the camea to the repairman. It was defective.

Cordially,

Pascal

Comment

Working...