X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JakeBlues
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    Digital Video Enthusiast
    • Dec 2006

Here is Wikipedia: As of the 2000 census, the town had a year-round population of 909, but the population swells to 10,000-15,000 during the season from spring to fall... (The woman at the Chamber Of commerce told me yesterday in season (may-sept) Maybe 20,000. Most are rich southerns (mostly flordidiots) that come here and get a break from the heat in the summer.

Also She said that population as of July 2005 is 941.
    heh go figure.
    ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• snagel
      • Apr 2006

And do they all use +R or -R?

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

@Jake, thanks for the reply. Have you checked this thread out yet, you might want to bookmark it.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=79138.

Comment

• JakeBlues
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Dec 2006

Yo chewy-ster!

Originally Posted by Chewy
          you never go to asheville?
          bestbuy will have verbatim's for 26 cents
          they open at 11 tom morning
          Please look thru this link and tell me if there is any dvd writers that I would be proud to own!??
          Thanks
          http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_a...=priceA/popup1[]=10:355
          Last edited by JakeBlues; 13 Mar 2007, 01:08 PM. Reason: i am dummy
          ElwoodsBrotherJake "...I'm on a mission from God, to help me and others from making coasters!

Comment

• NightTran
            King of Digital Video
            King of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

the Benq 1620 if you can get it
            sigpic

Comment

• zaveon
              • Mar 2007

i have no idea what bitsetting is but i use +R's

Comment

• soup
                Just Trying To Help
                • Nov 2005

Try this link.

Comment

• JakeBlues
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  Digital Video Enthusiast
                  • Dec 2006

ZAVEON Lil' Brother.. I'm about to WOW you!

Originally Posted by zaveon
                  i have no idea what bitsetting is but i use +R's

Ok Lil' brother... Soup here gave you the link while I was "looking it up", he has these things memorized! (I swear!)
                  You don't know what Bitsetting is!!?
                  How about we teach you!'?? If your dvd burner is able to "bitset" then all your dvd's will be able to play in MOST any DVD player. MOST Older DVD players (I use the term OLDER as in I HAVE a Sony Home theatre that is 2 1/2 years old that won't use -R, the compression rate and the -R signature keeps them from playing properly in my system. BUT once I learn about BitSetting and used the +R for that.. now ALL MY DVD back-ups will work in my system. The Bitsetting fools the dvd player into thing that you have inserted a Regular DVD (ie a DVD-ROM) into it and will read it as such!
                  While DVD -R usually can NOT do that.

Go here and read.. follow the steps, and you'll SEE the difference, that is if your DRIVE/BURNER allows bitsetting!
                  PEACE on ya bro... and welcome.
                  Last edited by JakeBlues; 14 Mar 2007, 02:41 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

• Chizzmo
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Nov 2005

I hope this question isn't hijacking this thread, but we have discussed this here a bit. I have another question about bitsetting. It's kinda funny I never looked into it until this thread was launched, but I have recently had to change to +R for a specific project that I had. I had to create a very large slide show on DVD and make 30 copies for everyone involved. I did it on my usual -R discs and the end result worked great on my home DVD player. Once people took their copy home and tried it, the disc wouldn't work for some of them. It instantly got me thinking of this thread and that it must be because of the bitsetting you must do on +R's to work on these players. My question now is, I have changed the booksetting with Imgburn (exactly the same way as you would with dvddecryptor) now that it is set, do I have to re-do the setting every time I want to do a burn or does it say set? or do I have to un-do it if I use a -R? the program I used to create the slide show had a few options for burning. I created an ISO and then used Imgburn, changed the bitsetting and all is well. There was also another option to burn directly to disc and I could change the bitsetting at that time too. If I was to do this option now that I've changed the settings with Imgburn would I select "none" because it is already set? Hope this makes sense to you all.
                    Chizzmo

Cheers

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

bitsetting should only kick in when you use dvd+r disks, some burners don't remember the setting, so the software has to for them

no general rules that apply to all burners

Comment

• beachbumm33
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        Digital Video Enthusiast
                        • Feb 2007

imgburn will remember the setting for dvd+r to dvd-rom, for some burners, once in a while I check the setting after a reboot, and it hasnt changed, the only time i had to reset it was after I updated the firmware of my burner. There is no need to worry about this setting when you are burning dvd-r's, they cant be burned as a dvd-rom, only drd+r's can do that

ur too quick chewy, lol

Comment

• JakeBlues
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          • Dec 2006

you've had NO issues with the +R but have HAD skipping with the -R..
                          It tells me your "player" isn't dvd-r compatible!
                          Because of the Compression rate if MOST Dvd-R MOST OTC (laughs) Over The Counter player will NOT handle them!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I went thru 3 players at k-mart back around Christmas and THEY LOOKED like they could but when I got them home and opened the box and read the BOOK inside... NONE of them could handle the compression of the -R disk!
                          So no hurry just take your time and find one you can play them ALL on!!!
                          Peace

Comment

Working...