Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADacyczyn
    • May 2002

Not the usual header problem...

I recently downloaded a series of Divx videos and found that some of them worked and some of them didn’t. When I examined them with AviInfo I found a pattern: in the ones that played fine the codec was marked “DivX MPEG4 v3”; while the ones that didn’t were bluntly marked “DIVX”. Mplayer doesn’t recognize the later and unsuccessfully tries to download the codec form Microsoft.

Is this an older version of Divx (Divx ver. 1.0, or something)?
    If I simply change the header to read “DivX MPEG4 v3” will it work correctly? If so, how do I change it?

I’ve tried a few avi-editing programs, such as VirtualDub, but they wouldn’t load the files because they didn’t recognize the specified codec. I think I need a program that will let me directly edit the header information.

Help! Any ideas?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

What codecs have you got installed? You probably need 3.11 and either 4.x/5.02.

Comment

• ADacyczyn
      • May 2002

Re: What codecs.....

<i>What codecs have you got installed? You probably need 3.11 and either 4.x/5.02.</i>

I have version 3.11alpha (I think) and all of the latest Microsoft codecs (just updated a few days ago to see if that would solve the problem; it didn't).
      Last edited by ADacyczyn; 24 May 2002, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Working...