Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enduro
    • Mar 2007

Help: Dialogue travels out from Lip Synching

Hi all, I hope thi sthe right part of the forum for this.

I'm running WMediaPlayer 8.0 on:
    XP SP2
    2.2gig processor
    750Meg RAM
    ATI Radeo 128meg Graphics

Anyway, just like everyone else I've been downloading TV shows to watch on my PC - who wants to wait 18 months for them to arrivein AU?

Over the last few months I have noticed that during playback of a downloaded show that the lip synch goes out to about 3 seconds by about half way through. This makes the show quite unwatchable. When I stop the player running and then restart it at a particular point the synch is back to normal but soon travels out or phase again.

I have recently reinstalled windows (as I purchased a new hard drive) and have found that the problem persists.

Any tips on rectifying the problem?
  • src2206
    • Jan 2007

The only way that I can think of is to demux [separate audio and video] your original footage, fix the synchronization and then reencode the whole bundh back again.

This is happening during the capture I think, you can always check the card's manual for any specific troubleshooting tips.

Comment

• enduro
      • Mar 2007

Originally Posted by enduro
      When I stop the player running and then restart it at a particular point the synch is back to normal but soon travels out or phase again.
      I don't think it is the recording process this time. As you can see when I close WMP and restart it and the program at a later point (say half way thorugh) the lip-synch is normal again for a while.

Anyone else had this problem?

Comment

• src2206
        • Jan 2007

Is it possible for you try some other program to record instead the default one that you are using presently?

Comment

• olyteddy
          • Nov 2006

Drop the file that drifts on GSpot. I'll bet it's got a VBR audio track. You might try a different player, like VLC or Media Player Classic with FFDShow as the codec.

Comment

• enduro
            • Mar 2007

Originally Posted by src2206
            Is it possible for you try some other program to record instead the default one that you are using presently?
            READ the OP dude.

Your got it back to front - I'm watching NOT recording.

Comment

• src2206
              • Jan 2007

Post a detail of your downloaded file using MediaInfo, lets see what type of file exactly it is.

Comment

• zaveon
                • Mar 2007

i had that happen when i backed up The Guardian.. it was just in the beginning but i stopped the dvd player reset it and played it again and the sync was fine.. i dont know if u have tried that but it is worth the try

Comment

Working...