• Show
Clear All
  • O-pos
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2005

TEMP folder doesn't contain played online videos

Hello,

There are some sites who feature nice but undownloadable videos. At my work computer, I easily could find played online videos, like YouTube flv files and other sites: I just needed to go to Content.IE5 folder in the TEMP/temporary internet files. On my home computer, a laptop, however, Contents.IE5 is always empty, there's almost nothing besides some css files. where should all these played online videos stored?

I've already allowed "show hidden files". I'm using Internet Explorer 6 (or 5, I'm not sure - anyway, the one without tabs) on my work pc, and Internet Explorer 7 on my home laptop.

Thanks in advance,

O-pos
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

You can try Firefox with the Unplug extension.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• O-pos
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Dec 2005

Thanks, I downloaded the plugin and I also installed Firefox, but this splugin is .xpi file and I can't install it, it simply can't be opened. What should I do?
      Last edited by O-pos; 2 Apr 2007, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

Tools-->Add-ons, then drag & drop into the window.
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• O-pos
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Dec 2005

Anonymez, nice to hear from You

Now it works, of course.

Another question to you personally: As I like your favorite programs very much, maybe you'd recommend me a good download manager? the criteria, you know, powerful, flexible, minimalistic (or at least not too flamboyant) and of course freeware (open source would be good)
          ??

Comment

• anonymez
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2004

I used Getright for a little while, till it pulled a Nero (became bloated). I moved to Linux a while back and now use wxDFast which happens to be cross-platform.

Comment

• linx05
              • Nov 2005

Instead of downloading a whole new browser and extension for it, just use Keep Vid. Works for pretty much every site.

Comment

• O-pos
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Dec 2005

keep vid doen't work for the sites I need. And Firefox is not new software for me, it's my default browser on my office PC. This plugin is really great thing, it gives me the link and I can put it in download manager. I didn't have Firefox on my lap because I was waiting for reformatting hard drive and installing new Windows..

But like I decided now after talking with anonymez, eventually I'll create a dual boot system with Ubuntu Linux and winXP.

Comment

• anonymez
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2004

Instead of downloading a whole new browser and extension for it, just use Keep Vid. Works for pretty much every site.
                  The great thing about the Unplug extension is the fact it does not rely on third-party web sites to fetch the link, it searches the page itself for media and provides the links instantly.

Comment

Working...