X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RandyN
    Randy
    • Apr 2007

Optimal Formula for Analog to Digital Conversions

Hello Everyone. I'm new to this forum. I'm currently producing a little video documentary for web distribution via YouTube and perhaps other channels. I have been using the below configuration / software package and testing out various capturing and encoding combinations. The one I find that seems to work the best for playing back on my pc is capturing in AVI (DVD quality) 720 x 480 and saving (encoding) to MPEG-4 640x480. However, even with that combination, the finished product still seems jumpy and could be a little clearer. Now I did read this other threat below that was published 4 years ago on this forum where someone was recommending using VirtualDub and TMPGEnc to achieve NO LOSS in picture quality.

But I spoke with an experienced video editor last week, and he informed me that any Analog to PC data conversion will result in bumpy results being that analog signals cannot travel as fast as digital data (via Firewire).

Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks for any information you can provide.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=22735>
Working...