mpg (16:9) to avi (16:9) vdub not working...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chance_
    • Nov 2005

mpg (16:9) to avi (16:9) vdub not working...

so i got this mpg in 16:9 aspect and when i load it up in vdub to compress as xvid and in the settings change it to 16:9 cause default is square, it doesn't change to 16:9... it saves as square (don't think it's 4:3) it's like 4:3 but smaller with black borders so not full screened really. any ideas?
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

Either resize vertically during encoding to get a 16:9 res, or use mpeg4modifier to set the display AR.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• chance_
      • Nov 2005

resize vertically in vdub? if so, how? there's no vertical option. and what would be a widescreen width and height if that's what you're talking about.

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

Use the resize filter, you'll probably want to select lanczos. To calculate the desired height, divide the product of 9 and the width by 16. You'll also want to round up/down to a mod16 resolution (ie divisible by 16) if needed.
        Last edited by anonymez; 17 Apr 2007, 08:01 AM.
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• chance_
          • Nov 2005

okay but why if i use xvid to record and set it to display 16:9 it doesn't. still records in square? only when i use record as mpg it does it in widescreen but yeah, even then i still gotta resize. btw, widescreen means bigger in size right? if so i think i'll just leave it the way it is. i really wanna know why it just doesnt record in widescreen if i use xvid (in xvid configuration i set it to Display Aspect Ratio: Select the shape of the image: 16:9). weird.
          Last edited by chance_; 17 Apr 2007, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• chance_
            • Nov 2005

by the way, MPEG4Modifier didn't work :/

Comment

Working...