Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • microburn
    • May 2006

Windows Vista section???

Just a thought but maybe adding a new section for Vista users where they could get some tips on the new OS and info & news might be a good idea?
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

that's been suggested and I think it's a good idea, there may be a shortage of
    experts

not many voluntarily are upgrading

Comment

• Furiousg
      If you have any poo....throw it now
      • Dec 2005

I think a Vista area would be great. I just finished figuring out a dual boot XP/Vista notebook. Whew...thanks goodness it wasn't my own
      -FuriousG-

Comment

• jm1647
        An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
        • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
        Including me right now. I received a free upgrade to Vista Home basic for a laptop I bought in December and have not installed it yet. Right now I don't ever plan to as long as their is support for XP Home available

Comment

• microburn
          • May 2006

that's been suggested and I think it's a good idea, there may be a shortage of
          experts

Well Chewy I am no expert but I have been running Vista now since Jan. 31st I can help out some I am sure.
          I have been testing all the retail software I have on Vista for quite awhile and I know quite a lot in this area.

Just a idea thats all.

and for all of the users of xp that can update have the best of two worlds run a dual boot OS I have vista ultimate on one partion and xp pro on the other and it works very nicely
          Last edited by microburn; 6 May 2007, 03:31 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

well micro if you want to start a tread in general computing we can get a head start

running apps in compatibility mode seems to be the key problem people are
            missing

Comment

• microburn
              • May 2006

well micro if you want to start a tread in general computing we can get a head start

running apps in compatibility mode seems to be the key problem people are
              missing
              yes this is where I find most users are having their problems most of them I have found are very easy to solve for the 32 bit OS but the 64 OS Vistas are still giving us major headaches.
              I will start a thread later on today

Thanks

Comment

• davidt1
                • Mar 2007

I dual boot with Vista and XP too. I am only using Vista because it came with the laptop. I don't have a huge problem with software compatibility with Vista. Most softwares will work if you set them to run in XP compatibility mode. My main problem with Vista is file and content protection. It's a #$#% nightmare to try to alter files and softwares in Vista. Movie output through HMDI connection is crippled too. Vista is not friendly to power users.

Comment

Working...