(Too ?) simple editing tool for DVD out from DVD recorder.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Micla
    • May 2007

(Too ?) simple editing tool for DVD out from DVD recorder.

Hi U all,

This question is maybe too simple compared to all the other ones read here, but no thread seems to discuss clearly my simplistic-newcomer question.

I'm getting DVD recorded in a "rough" manner by my DVD recorder, made obviously for XIXth century people.

I would like to apply as simply as possible some modifications to the DVD burnt on my DVD-recorder-for-dummies, and to reburn it in a finalised version on an other DVD (of course, I'll use erasable ones - don't flame me, I prefer "durable things" ...).

The most simple requirement that I have is the *deletion* of some parts, precisely the beginning, end, and in some cases middle parts of the recordings.

It seems too basic to be clearly explained in what I could read until now.

My only additional constraint is to have it "open source", or at least free of charge. I'm favorable to Linux softwares if useful.

Could you give some advices ?

Thank's,

Micla.
  • Westly32
    • Jun 2006

Well, you can simply use the dvd authoring software on your pc. Put your already burned dvd in the pc drive and copy it to the drive using Windows. Then open your authoring software, and import it into it, and edit away what you don't want, create some menus, and burn to a new dvd...

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Not sure about open source or linux, but I have done similar things in the past using Nero Vision:

The only problem is that it will insist on re-encoding everything, even if the files already fit on the DVD, and so it takes a long time.

TMPGEnc DVD Author won't re-encode unless it has to I think:

A guide on how to author/create a DVD using TMPGEnc DVD Author that will play in any DVD player
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...