Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cougar214
    • May 2002

virtualdub help please!!!!!!!!

ok...im new to this world of coverting movies so please bare with me.i used easydivx to convert a movie.now im TRYING!!!!to use virtualdub to fix the sync problem and i cant figure it out for the life of me.i dont know how to put a gif image her of the movie info so i'll just type in what it says.

video stream.
    frame size,fps(us per frame) 720x480,23,976 fps (41708us)
    # of frames(time) 99227(1:08:58)
    decompressor divx 5.0.1 codec
    number of keyframes 3584
    min/avg/max/total keyframe size 3756/13461/60516(47115k)
    min/avg/max/total delta frame size 177/3977/58097 (371493k)

audio stream.
    sampling rate 56000hz
    channels 2 (stereo)
    sample precision 0-bit
    compression unknown (tag 2000)
    preload skew 7680 samples (0.14s)
    # of frames 129333
    min/avg/max/total frame size 0/1791/1792(226331k)

ok....the info i just gave you is on one file....the movie is in two files about 640,000k apiece.i would imagine the second file would look about the same.for file info that is. now when i made these files it put the sound in ac3 format(thats the only sound i hade availible on the dvd)now when i use virtualdub to fix the sync it gives me a file thats smaller,has no sound,and the frame rate speads up.i have no idea what im doing.can someone walk me through the prosses?thanx.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file into VDUB1.4C-AC3 (Special version of VirtualDub)

2) Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying"

3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode"

4) From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Conversion" - set to 44,100

5) From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" - and choose the MPEG Layer 3 (.MP3) 44,100Hz sampling rate that you prefer

6) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" - and save with a new filename

7) Close VDUB1.4C-AC3.

(Before continuing with these instructions, PLAY your new .AVI to determine how much, if any, synchronization correction may be necessary)

8) Load your new .AVI file into your "Normal" version of VirtualDub (NOT v.1.4c-AC3)

9) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copying"

10) From under the "Audio" dropdown menu, click on "Interleaving" - Enter an appropriate amount (positive or negative) in "Audio skew correction" (This may take some experimentation to get it just right)

11) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" - and save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}
    Last edited by setarip; 27 May 2002, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• cougar214
      • May 2002

ok...thanx...can you tell me where i can find that version of vdub?....i did a web search and can only pull up a vdub 1.4.10...is that the same one your talking about?....if not let me know where i can get it....thanx.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Go to:

Comment

• cougar214
          • May 2002

ok setarip.....i found and installed the vdub 1.4c......i followed your directions to the letter and i got an error message that says the following:"acm failed to suggest audio decompression format"...ok.....im clueless...i dont understand how my audio cant be comprest when its part of my video....ok...so im an idiot...next idea?

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

try nandub 1.0 rc2

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"i found and installed the vdub 1.4c"

That is not the same as v.1.4c_AC3 which, as I posted previously, you can download from:

Or, you can use UncasMS' suggestion...

Comment

• cougar214
                • May 2002

ok....none of them are working for me....i gotta be doing something wrong.....setarip,the only file i could find that remotly looked like the one you told me to get is the one i d/loaded.....the link you gave me says that file doesnt exist....i followed your instructions and it still gives me that same error i preveusly told you...the acm error....i also tried the nandub 1.0cr...no help there.....i gotta be doing something wrong...trial and error hasnt payed off for me yet....lol.when i try formating the ac3 sound it does give me a box telling me my ac3 sound peramiters.they are as follows:fmt tag 0x2000,sample freq 48000,channels 5,bitrate 448kb/s....does this help you out in determaning what im doing wrong?

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

Go to:

I just checked it and it's alive...

Comment

• cougar214
                    • May 2002

thank god!!!......ok setarip im making progress....i d/loaded the vdub from the new link you just gave me......i followed the instructions in the read-me file.....now i have a file with sound and picture and its the right size but now its playing sluggish and the sound sounds like a record player playing with your finger on the record...like slow motion....lol....should i now run the file in the ordinary vdub?

Comment

Working...